Lensbooking.com is committed to working to protect your privacy. We respect the privacy of all users visiting our website and make the protection of your data concerning any user on the internet our utmost priority. This applies in particular when cooperating with third parties and partner companies.
Collection, processing, and use of personal data
To be able to provide you with the merchandise you order, Lensbooking.com exclusively collects, stores, and processes personal data following the standard, legally valid regulations as far as is required and deemed necessary for fulfilling the contractually agreed service obligations between Lensbooking.com and you, the customer. The term “personal data” includes all details that you enter on the website and enables personal identification (name, address, landline, and mobile phone numbers). Please also know that in handling your information, we do not sell your personal information.
Information we collect
When you use the Lensbooking.com platform we will ask and collect the following information. The information is necessary for us to store to fulfill our services and deliver the correct product to you. It is only visible to yourself; those you choose to share it with and team members of this website that have the correct permissions to see it.
When you sign up on Lensbooking.com, we will as you for your;
- First name and last name– We ask for these details to identify you when trying to communicate with you and to have some of your details in place before we send your product.
- Email address– This will serve as your username when you ever try to log into your account. This will be needed anytime you decide to log into your account. Your email address is never shared with anyone. Permission will be asked from you to contact you about news or promotions from this website.
- Password – This is required to log into your account. This will grant access to placing an order, viewing your order history, and amending your address details.
Placing an order – Information we will collect
When you decide to place an order from Lensbooking.com, in addition to the details above, we will ask for the following information to collect payment and fulfill the shipment services.
- Telephone– This is collected in the case the courier needs verification of your delivery location or in case, we would need to contact you about your product.
- Address, City, Country– These are mandatory fields, which are required to collect and pass onto the courier company to deliver your product.
- Zip / Postal Code– Optional field to support the address details.
- State / Province – Optional field to support the address details.
To fulfill our duties and timely deliver your product, we will offer you several ways to make payment for goods ordered.
- Debit / Credit Card– At Lensbooking.com, none of your debit or credit card details are processed within our platform, therefore we do not collect or store any of your bank account information. It is required that an e-commerce platform uses an authorized payment gateway to collect payment from a customer’s debit or credit card. We use Checkout.com, which allows you to make payment using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card. System integration has been applied on Lensbooking.com from Checkout.com to collect the customer’s payment details. Lensbooking.com will not be accounted for or take any responsibility for how Checkout.com uses your data. ‘‘All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties’’ www.lensbooking.com will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties’’ www.lensbooking.com takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However www.lensbooking.com (website) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online’’
- Cash on Delivery–
Collection of non-personal data
To improve our range of products, Lensbooking.com uses “cookies” (compact data packages that contain configuration information). The data stored in these cookies does not permit you to be identified, and cannot be attributed to a particular individual. Cookies can be deactivated in your browser’s preferences.
Transmission of personal data
Where necessary, Lensbooking.com might pass on payment details to its principal bank to process payments. We may also pass on details of your shipping address to the company commissioned with the delivery of your order.
Lensbooking.com is prohibited from transmitting or reselling customer data to third parties unless given express permission to do so by the customer.
Right to information
Following the data privacy protection act, each user is entitled to enquire about any personal data that has been stored and (where warranted) also has the right to demand that personal data be modified, blocked, or deleted free of charge. In this case, the user must contact us.
Cancellation of consent
Each user can withdraw their consent at any time with future effect and without giving a particular reason by contacting us.
As a Lensbooking.com customer, you may recruit friends, relatives, and acquaintances as new customers. Please bear in mind that you are only permitted to recruit people you know. Lensbooking.com will send an email to these people and will use the data provided by you exclusively for this purpose. In addition, please note that people recruited by you will receive an email with your first name and surname notifying them to that effect.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- For existing and aspirational social media partnerships, we might send out promotional product collections and gifts. If the products within the PR package are worn publicly, we reserve the right to use the resulting social media content within our own social media presence and refer to the customer or recipient. Any address or personal details will in no case be shared or published by Lensbooking.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If you believe that, any information we are holding on to you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will ask for your permission to send you any communication via email that may contain news, offers, or trends. At the point of the customer accepting Lensbooking.com to send newsletters, the customer will become a subscriber.
Subscribing to our newsletters will benefit you from receiving the latest news relating to a product you may have recently viewed or purchased.
You can subscribe to receive newsletters when you sign up on Lensbooking.com when you are placing an order, by typing your email address and clicking on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the subscription box on Lensbooking.com homepage or by contacting us.
How to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters
If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter database, you can do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any emails we have sent you or by contacting us.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any emails we have sent you.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your email address (with your permission) for marketing purposes, until we receive your request to unsubscribe. You will only receive emails about the products that you have purchased or viewed. From time to time, we will also send you promotions with discount codes.
Some of our email communication will be sent via third-party marketing software. This software recognizing the type of items and emails you would be interested in receiving.
Any individual who is under the age of 18 should get permission from their guardian who should be over the age of 18.